ABOUT KAYLEE SLATER APD
CERTIFIED FERTILITY & PREGNANCY DIETITIAN & NUTRITIONIST | PhD CANDIDATE
TEAM DIETITIAN AT THE DIETOLOGIST
Kaylee is determined to help as many women and their families in areas including reproductive health, pre-conception and pregnancy & post-partum nutrition. She has already helped so many individuals and families to optimise their health and nutrition before, during and after pregnancy, and is eager to continue her work in this field, providing evidence-based nutrition and lifestyle strategies and interventions, to provide you with all the tools you need to support your health and fertility.
Kaylee understands what you eat before conceiving plays a direct role in your child's future risk of lifestyle-related heath conditions, including asthma, allergies, type 2 diabetes and heart disease.
Kaylee's expertise has been recognised being published in leading nutrition research journal in 2020, which highlighted that the vast majority of pregnant women are not meeting critical nutrient needs through diet alone -notably, folic acid, iodine, iron, calcium and fibre!
Alongside her work at The Dietologist, Kaylee is also pursuing a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), investigating the impact that diet and lifestyle changes can have on preventing heart disease amongst women who experience high blood pressure or pre-eclampsia during pregnancy. So safe to say, when you work with Kaylee you're getting the latest scientifically backed strategies based on the research!
It's clear that Kaylee is truly on a mission to teach women about the importance of their diet before, during, and after pregnancy - making her the perfect person to support you along your journey! Kaylee's compassionate, caring and practical approach will ensure you feel supported from the day you decide to grow your family until your little bundle of joy arrives and beyond!
Need help with...
- Fertility & IVF nutrition
- Thyroid health concerns (e.g. hypothyroidism, Hashimoto's or Grave's disease)
- Pregnancy Nutrition throughout the trimesters
- Post-partum and breastfeeding nutrition support
Then Kaylee would love to hear from you!
Want to work with Kaylee?
- Accredited Practising Dietitian & Accredited Nutritionist - Dietitians Australia
- Certified Fertility & Pregnancy Dietitian with Nutrition Plus
- Bachelor of Nutrition and Dietetics (Honours) - The University of Newcastle
- Doctor of Philosophy Candidate - The University of Newcastle
- 2022 InsideOut Eating Disorder Training for Dietitians