My easy chia seed pudding is a perfectly refreshing breakfast option for the warmer months. Simply prepare overnight and wait for the delicious transformation into a gel-like pudding to occur in your fridge for a quick and easy breakfast on the run.
Chia seeds are super nutritious and are packed with:
- Plant protein
- Plant-based omega-3s known as ALA
So, here is my go-to chia pudding recipe for you to give a try:
Preparation Time: 5 min | Setting Time: 4 hours-overnight | Serves: 2
1/4 cup black or white chia seeds
3/4 cup milk of choice
1 tbsp Greek yoghurt or yoghurt alternative
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tbsp maple syrup
2 tbsp shredded or shaved coconut
Fruit of choice to serve: passionfruit, kiwifruit, berries, mango
- In a small serving bowl or jar, place the chia seeds and coconut and then cover with the milk and mix well, ensure there are no chia seeds stuck and left uncoated by the milk.
- Add Greek yoghurt and mix thoroughly.
- Then add your flavourings like vanilla extract and maple syrup. You could also try cacao powder for something chocolate flavoured or honey and cinnamon.
- Mix well and allow to stand on the bench for 2 minutes.
- Mix again before covering with cling film or a lid and placing the chia pudding in the fridge overnight to set. This is when the chia seeds do their work and soak up all the milk.
- Once ready, remove from the fridge and top with your preferred fruits.