Get my healthy strawberry chia jam recipe and use up any leftover frozen fruit or stock-up on fresh strawberries when they are cheap and in-season.
Preparation Time: 10-15 min | Cooking Time: 10 min | Serves: 12+
750 g fresh (or frozen) strawberries, sliced
1 tbsp maple syrup or honey
Juice of half a lemon
3 tbsp chia seeds
- In a saucepan, place the strawberries, maple syrup and lemon juice and simmer on a medium heat, stirring regularly.
- Once softened, use a potato masher to mash the strawberries lightly
- Remove from the heat and add the chia seeds and stir-through.
- Allow for the jam to cool completely so the chia seeds can soak up the liquid and expand and turn it into a jam consistency.
- Pour into an air-tight jar or container and store in the fridge for about a week.
Due to the low sugar content of this jam, it won’t last long without mould growing! So be sure to store in the fridge and use it up quickly or downscale the size of the recipe so you avoid waste!
Spread on peanut butter toast, add to breakfast oat bowls or dollop onto homemade banana bread.