Preparation time: 20 min | Cooking time: 50 min | Serves: ~10 slices
Fibre per slice: ~ 6 g
3 ripe bananas, peeled & mashed
2 cups self-raising flour (wholemeal preferred)
1/3 cup (70 g) brown sugar
1 tsp bicarbonate soda
1 cup milk of choice
2 eggs, beaten
1/2-3/4 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
1 tsp vanilla extract
2-3 tbsp LSA (Linseed, Sunflower & Almond Meal – found in most supermarkets and health food stores)
2 tbsp chia seeds
1-2 tbsp psyllium husk
1. Pre-heat oven to 160oC (fan-forced) and line the base of a loaf tin with baking paper.
2. Sift flour and bicarbonate soda into a large bowl, add sugar, walnuts, chia seeds, LSA and psyllium husk then stir to combine.
3. Add the egg, milk, vanilla extract and mashed banana then gently fold until well combined.
4. Spoon the mixture into the pan, you can add an extra banana sliced lengthways on top for presentation.
5. Bake in the oven for 50 minutes or until a skewer insterted into the centre comes out clean.
6. Set aside to cool then cut into slices to serve, best with fresh ricotta cheese and a drizzle of honey.