Avocado is packed with monounsaturated fats (the healthy kind), vitamin E, fibre, folate (a critical B vitamin for fertility and pregnancy) and besides that they are just super delicious! And honestly, there is nothing better than a really good guacamole. And this guacamole recipe will be pleasing your crowd in no time!
Prep Time: 5 min | Serves 4
2 Hass avocados
1 lime, juiced
1 tbsp lime zest
1 tbsp pepitas (or pistachios)
4 wholemeal Lebanese bread wraps
Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
4 tbsp dukkah
Top tip: to check if your avocado is perfectly ripe, gentle press near the very top of the avocado and compare the pressure to pushing your index finger on your nose, if it is similar or softer than your nose, it is good to go!
To make the guacamole:
1. Halve your avocados, remove the seed and scoop the flesh into a bowl.
2. Add lime juice, lime zest, salt, and pepper to the bowl of avocado flesh.
3. Using the back of a fork, mash your avocado, lime juice and zest, salt, and pepper until you reach the desired consistency (some people love it a bit lumpier, others really smooth).
4. Add pepitas and mix through and reserve a few to garnish.
To make the pita bread:
1. Pre-heat the oven to 160oC (fan-forced), lay flat the Lebanese breads onto four lined pizza trays.
2. Drizzle EVOO on each and sprinkle 1 tbsp Dukkah onto each bread.
3. Bake in the oven for 10 mins or until golden and crisp.
4. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 mins, then simply break (or cut) into triangles.
Tag me on Instagram @the_dietologist if you give this delicious lime and black pepper guacamole recipe a go!