Today’s episode is all about Gestational Diabetes or GD which can affect 15% of all women during pregnancy. And whilst it can be totally manageable, a diagnosis of GD may change the way you thought your pregnancy might look and the way we support you as dietitians with your nutrition and lifestyle.
We are excited to be joined by Helena McDonald APD on today’s episode. Helena is a dietitian that provides tailored nutrition services to women navigating their
gestational diabetes and postpartum journey. Helena believes in prioritising the wellbeing of mothers so that they can thrive during their pregnancies, and beyond. Whether you are at a higher risk of GD for future pregnancy or just want to know more about this condition we hope you get so much out of this episode with our very knowledgeable guest Helena!
Want to ask us a question and have it answered on the podcast? Ask Us Here!
Want to be a community guest and share your story on the podcast? Apply Here
Here are the links for today’s episode
- Connect with Helena McDonald ADP here
- Follow Helena on Instagram @nutrition.by.helena
- Listen to Helena’s podcast The Gestational Diabetes Club here
- Read more on our blog Eating to Beat Insulin Resistance
- Listen to Episode 19- Is Insulin Resistance Affecting Your Fertility? here
- Listen to Episode 33 Diabetes & Fertility And Can You Prevent Gestational Diabetes? With Larissa Telfer APD here.
- Download our FREE pre-conception lifestyle checklist
Looking for more?
- Want to work with us 1-on-1? Fill in this quick form
- Follow us on Instagram @the_dietologist or @endo.dietitian
- Dance with us on TikTok @the_dietologist
- Get about us and our services at The Dietologist here: thedietologist.com.au
Disclaimer: The information presented in this podcast is not to be replaced by personalised medical or dietetic advice, please speak to your health care professional before making any diet or lifestyle changes. The Dietologist and its guests do not accept any liability for any harm or damages that occur from following any of the suggestions in these podcast episodes.
Grab Our Ultimate Pre-Conception Lifestyle Checklist
A must-read for anyone trying to conceive.
This essential checklist will guide you through supplements, lifestyle, nutrition, and environmental factors that influence your fertility health.