TW: This episode covers the topic of miscarriage. If this is not something you feel you should listen to today please skip this episode and listen to one of our previous episodes on Fertility Friendly Food! If you need support, please seek the advice of your GP or contact The Pink Elephant Support Network here
Sadly 1 in 4 pregnancies unfortunately end on a loss. Recurrent miscarriage is characterised as 2 to 3 consecutive miscarriages and unfortunately effects 5% of couples wanting to conceive? . At The Dietologist we do sadly see clients who feel like there is something they could have done to avoid pregnancy loss and this is certainly not the case. No ONE nutritional change we can prevent pregnancy loss and many are due to chromosomal abnormalities or circumstances beyond our control.
Today we are joined by our team dietitian at The Dietologist Candice Crellin APD whom has a special interest in recurrent miscarriage nutrition. We talk about the possible causes of pregnancy loss, and then take a look at the controllable factors in what can feel like a very uncontrollable time- nutrition and lifestyle! Candice gives us her TOP TIPS for optimising fertility via nutrition in this incredible episode!
Want to ask us a question and have it answered on the podcast? Ask Us Here!
Want to be a community guest and share your story on the podcast? Apply Here
Hers are the inks for
- Need support? Connect with The Pink Elephant Support Network here
- Want to apply to work with Candice 1:1 Click here
- Listen to Episode 54 Navigating Pregnancy After Loss With Jennifer Robertson here or follow Jennifer Robertson on Instagram here
- Read more on our blog the Role of Nutrition in Miscarriage here
- Listen to Episode 8 Can Nutrition Help Prevent Miscarriage here
- Download our FREE pre-conception lifestyle checklist
Looking for more?
- Want to work with us 1-on-1? Fill in this quick form
- Follow us on Instagram @the_dietologist or @endo.dietitian
- Dance with us on TikTok @the_dietologist
- Get about us and our services at The Dietologist here: thedietologist.com.au
Disclaimer: The information presented in this podcast is not to be replaced by personalised medical or dietetic advice, please speak to your health care professional before making any diet or lifestyle changes. The Dietologist and its guests do not accept any liability for any harm or damages that occur from following any of the suggestions in these podcast episodes.
Grab Our Ultimate Pre-Conception Lifestyle Checklist
A must-read for anyone trying to conceive.
This essential checklist will guide you through supplements, lifestyle, nutrition, and environmental factors that influence your fertility health.