The perfect lunchbox stuffer, snack, or double-up with a side salad for a light lunch or dinner. Egg & veggie muffins are just so versatile, plus anything miniature is just better, right? Not only is this a way to make breakfast on the run a sinch, but it gives you the protein of eggs and cheese with veggies (and they’re kind of hidden if your kids are fussy!)
Preparation Time: 10 min | Cooking Time: 25 min
| Serves 6
1 large zucchini, grated
1 large carrot, grated
1 spring onion, finely chopped
1 tbsp fresh thyme
80 g feta cheese
1/4 cup grated cheddar
1/4 cup wholemeal plain flour (or flour of choice)
2 tbsp milk of choice
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
6 cherry tomatoes, halved (for decoration)
1. Pre-heat oven to 160 oC (fan-forced) and line a large 6 pan muffin tin with baking paper.
2. Place all the grated vegetables, cheese & herbs into a large bowl.
3. Whisk the eggs in a separate bowl and add to the vegetables.
4. Add milk, oil and flour to the bowl and stir very well, the consistency should be wet and quite thick.
5. Pour mixture up to the pan line, these won’t rise as there is no baking powder or bi-carb soda in the mixture.
6. Place two cherry tomato halves on the top of each muffin.
7. Bake for 25 minutes in the oven, try not to over-cook these as they will go rubbery!
8. Cool in the pan, then serve as a snack or pair with a side salad.
Can be stored in the fridge or freezer.