We cannot wait to dive in deep in our Endo Empower Consult together to bring you clarity & Actionable steps Without The Crazy Restrictions!
Here’s What You Need To Know About Your Consult
Please read through the FAQs below to make sure you know what to expect.
We want you to get the most out of working with us, so be prepared for your consultation to help things run smoothly and make the most of our time together! So, here are what we love for you to provide to us ahead of your initial consultation:
- Your referral documents from your doctor (optional, if you have one or are claiming a Medicare rebate for your consultation) – this is not necessary to see us!
- A copy of your blood work results from the last 6-12 months. Haven’t had any before then? Drop us an email at [email protected] and we can help point you in the right direction!
- A summary of your current supplements and medications (if any), including brand name, when you take them and how much of each you take.
- Any relevant tests, reports or summaries (if any)
- Completely optional: a 5-7 day food diary – please don’t feel obligated to do this. If you don’t get the chance or choose not to, we are trained to get the information we need about your diet without needing a food diary!
If you haven’t uploaded these files or you want to send more info through ahead of time, please email [email protected] so we can have your file as complete as possible for your practitioner in your appointment and maximise your time together!
Your dietitian will complete a thorough nutrition assessment (don’t worry, it’s nothing like an exam!) this way, we gather all the data we need to design a customised plan for you and helps us identify what diet, lifestyle, and supplement changes may be needed to help reach your goals of reducing endo-related pain, bloating, gut concerns and more.
Then, we discuss your key questions and identify your priorities and goals. Then we chat about nutrition recommendations (usually ideas, suggestions, swaps – we like to keep it practical around here!) and address any of your concerns! We will also discuss what supplementation might be appropriate before finalising your plan after the session.
You need a few pieces to help get connected to your dietitian at The Dietologist:
- A laptop or computer with a webcam and microphone is preferred, a smartphone works too when you’re on the go!
- A reliable Wi-Fi or Internet Connection
- A headset or earphones are preferable
- You don’t need to have Zoom installed on your phone or laptop; however, it can make for a smoother experience for you!
- That’s it! Click the link in your appointment confirmation email a few minutes before your appointment begins.
We are here to help. If you have any issues with the above, please contact us via email at [email protected]
We recommend providing as much information about your health as possible before your consultation so we can tailor our recommendations to your unique circumstances and bloodwork! Collate your pathology results from the last 6-12 months before your appointment and email them to us at [email protected]. If your bloodwork is out of date, something may be missing that you think might be valuable, or you need some guidance on what might be relevant to test for on your journey. Please email us after you have booked your consultation and one of our practitioners can provide some general guidance so you can make the most of your consultation with us!
No. The consultation fee covers the expertise and knowledge of your dietitian and the design of your bespoke plan and recommendations, which are emailed to you after your session, including where to purchase your products. Due to the individual nature of each supplementation plan, our fee does NOT cover any of the costs of purchasing the supplements or the ongoing costs of re-purchasing your products.
For Australian clients only. Yes, we are registered with all private health insurers. We can provide a digital receipt via email after you attend your consultation with us for you to claim back a rebate if you have private health with dietetics cover (please check with your insurer for rebate amounts and your coverage as well as any terms and conditions). We are also recognised by Medicare; you may be eligible for a Chronic Disease Management Plan or Team Care Arrangement Plan from your GP (general practitioner), which entitles you to claim a rebate for up to five appointments with an allied health professional each year. Speak to your GP to see if you’re eligible and ensure you provide your documentation to us before your first consultation. We can process the rebate on your behalf after your consultation. We also accept Eating Disorder Care Plans, which can entitle you to up to 20 dietitian appointments per year. You are also welcome to pay out of pocket if neither option is relevant to you.
If you have questions about rebates and referrals, please email us at [email protected].
Our Endo Empowe Consult is designed to be a once-off session; however, we understand that you may get to the end of the session and want to continue working with us. We would LOVE to support you!
You can discuss this with your dietitian, and we can arrange an upgrade to one of our one-on-one nutrition coaching programs and credit you with what you have paid to date. You can also arrange this via email at [email protected].
Still have questions?
If you cannot find an answer to your question in our FAQ, you can always contact us,
and we will be with you shortly.