TW: This episode talks about Eating Disorders and Mental Health! If this is not something you feel you should listen to today please skip this episode and listen to one of our previous episodes on Fertility Friendly Food! If you need immediate help for your mental health, please contact LifeLine on 13 11 14 , The Butterfly Foundation 1800 33 4673, or call a Beyond Blue Counsellor on 1300 22 4636. If you need emergency help, dial your local emergency number, for Australians dial 000.
Welcome back to Fertility Friendly Food podcast! In this episode, part of our PCOS mini-series for PCOS Awareness Month, we delve into the connection between PCOS and mental health. We explore statistics revealing higher rates of depression, anxiety, and eating disorders among those with PCOS.
Addressing mental health alongside PCOS is crucial. Avoiding generic diet advice, prioritizing comprehensive care, and open conversations about mental well-being are key.
As we wrap up our PCOS mini-series, we invite you to tune in and gain valuable insights. If you’ve enjoyed our content, please take a moment to leave a 5-star rating and mention our mini-series in your Apple Podcasts review. Your feedback helps us reach more listeners in search of this crucial information.
Want to ask us a question and have it answered on the podcast? Ask Us Here!
Here are the links for today’s episode
- Work with us 1-on-1 on your custom PCOS nutrition plan with next-level support with your own qualified dietitian with expertise in PCOS here.
- Check out The PCOS Project, our self-paced online course designed to transform your diet and lifestyle, without the restrictions, to manage insulin resistance, pesky pimples and regulate your cycle!
- Tune into Lean PCOS – How Is It Different? with Dr Izzy Smith Endocrinologist – Episode 75
- Tune into previous episodes of our PCOS mini-series:
- What is the Best Diet for PCOS? With Candice Crellin APD – Episode 110
- Weight Loss with PCOS with Candice Crellin APD – Episode 111
- PCOS & Gut Microbiome – Episode 112
Looking for more?
- Download our FREE pre-conception lifestyle checklist
- Follow us on Instagram @the_dietologist or @endo.dietitian
- Dance with us on TikTok @the_dietologist
- Read more about us and our services at thedietologist.com.au
Disclaimer: The information presented in this podcast is not to be replaced by personalised medical or dietetic advice, please speak to your health care professional before making any diet or lifestyle changes. The Dietologist and its guests do not accept any liability for any harm or damages that occur from following any of the suggestions in these podcast episodes.
Grab Our Ultimate Pre-Conception Lifestyle Checklist
A must-read for anyone trying to conceive.
This essential checklist will guide you through supplements, lifestyle, nutrition, and environmental factors that influence your fertility health.