TW: This episode covers the topic of pregnancy loss. If this is not something you feel you should listen to today please skip this episode and listen to one of our previous episodes on Fertility Friendly Food! If you need support, please seek the advice of your GP or contact The Pink Elephant Support Network.
Did you know that in 2020, more than half of the first-time mums were in their 30s? This is a far cry from 15% before 1981, 23% in 1991, an even higher than just over 10 years ago in 2011, where 43% of first time mums were in their 30s. Factors like education, careers, finances, relationships, and housing markets (looking at you, Sydney!) contribute to this trend.
But, here’s the kicker – our biology couldn’t care less about all that.
As fertility rates gradually decline with age, it’s crucial to understand fertility in your 30s. So, in today’s episode, I dive into the top tips to prepare your body for pregnancy in your 30s. We’re diving into stats, facts, modifiable factors, and of course, some nutrition foundations to fuel your exciting baby-making journey.
Here’s what I mentioned in the episode:
- The Article from the Conversation
- Book your express prenatal supplement consult HERE and your Fertility Nutrition Intensive (includes supplement plan) HERE.
- Alcohol & Fertility with Kaylee Slater APD | Episode 24
- Everyday Toxins & Fertility with Lucy Lines | Episode 34
- Exercise & Fertility with Courtenay Polock AEP | Episode 66
- Mental Health When Trying to Conceive with Tanami Sonter | Episode 67
- Does Stress Really Impact Fertility? with Robyn Birkin | Episode 99
Want to Work With Us?
- Want to work with us 1-on-1?
- Follow us on Instagram @the_dietologist or @endo.dietitian
- Visit us at The Dietologist.
Disclaimer: The information presented in this podcast is not to be replaced by personalised medical or dietetic advice, please speak to your health care professional before making any diet or lifestyle changes. The Dietologist and its guests do not accept any liability for any harm or damages that occur from following any of the suggestions in these podcast episodes.
Grab Our Ultimate Pre-Conception Lifestyle Checklist
A must-read for anyone trying to conceive.
This essential checklist will guide you through supplements, lifestyle, nutrition, and environmental factors that influence your fertility health.