Over on my Instagram, you all voted for me to share my 20 minute Turkey San Choy Bau recipe.
I love this recipe, because it is so quick and easy and helps you use up any extra veggies in the fridge towards the end of the week.
Plus turkey contains lots of the amino acid, tryptophan, a precursor for the hormone serotonin, known for its mood-boosting effects!
Serves 4 | Prep Time: 10 min | Cooking Time: 10 min
500 g lean turkey mince
2 carrots, finely diced
1 red capsicum, finely diced
3/4 cup frozen peas
3/4 cup frozen corn
2 spring onions, finely chopped
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
1-2 cm piece of fresh ginger, finely grated
2 tbsp reduced-salt tamari or soy sauce
4 large pieces of iceberg lettuce for cups
Sesame/peanut/olive oil for cooking
Optional: Basmati or brown rice to serve
- In a wok, add your oil of choice and add the turkey mince, stirring until almost completely cooked through.
- Then add to the wok, the crushed garlic and ginger to flavour the mince, mix through
- Then add the diced capsicum and carrot, peas and corn – these should all be roughly the same size for even cooking time.
- Add the tamari sauce, and stir-fry for another 1-2 min
- Finish with the freshly chopped spring onions and mix through.
- Remove from the heat, and spoon the mixture into the lettuce cups and serve, delicious with a squeeze of lime!